Employment partners are local companies that believe in the Mission, Vision and Actions of Ray of Hope. Each employment partner offers an opportunity for a trainee to gain valuable work experience. The employment partner enters into a contract with Ray of Hope, the trainee, and Service Canada to fill a current employment vacancy in their business. The employment program objective is for trainees to be hired to fill the vacancy when the training period has been completed.
NEW: We have developed a new hybrid model that provides opportunities to move directly from phase 1 to phase 3. This means that the external work placement would then be 20 weeks long.
The External Placement:
- External placements are funded by Service Canada
- Each trainee is required to complete 350-700 hours in their external placement, which is 10-20 weeks.
- The trainee is added to the company’s payroll like any other employee and is subject to any and all training requirements, employment standards and applicable laws
- A financial incentive is offered at $15 per hour to subsidize hours worked. Trainees must be paid at the posted rate, and the employer will be reimbursed accordingly.
- Support is available from Ray of Hope to both the trainee and the employer
- At the end of the contract, the employer has the opportunity to hire the trainee as a regular employee or to end the work experience
- The opportunity to give back to your community by providing valuable work experiences to deserving individuals that have faced barriers to employment
- 350-700 hours of labour costs subsidized at $15 per hour
- Trainees have current certification in First Aid/CPR, Health and Safety and Safe Food Handling
- Trainees uniform costs are covered
If you are interested in becoming an employment partner, please contact us at: